Wednesday, June 21, 2017

SHOWCASE: Trip's 2016 Year-end Recap


Better late than never, I guess.

Sure, it's late June 2017, but let's just pretend I posted this back in January.

I posted recaps of 2014 and 2015, but because I wasn't hobbying at the time, I didn't make one for 2016. Now that I'm back at the table, (albeit infrequently) it's time for a belated recap of our 2016 progress.

JANUARY
I created a kit-bashed Space Marine Chaplain.


FEBRUARY
I created our blog's first ever videos; unboxing the Cadian Defence Force and Start Collecting! Space Marines.




MARCH
I started my 5th army by completing a Commissar, and created a video unboxing for the Deathwatch: Overkill set.




APRIL
Completed three IG veteran squads with custom female heads.


MAY - AUGUST
Hiatus.

SEPTEMBER
We quietly celebrated our 3rd anniversary!


OCTOBER
My close combat terminators were featured on the Tale of Painters blog.


DECEMBER
Completed Ortan Cassius of the Deathwatch.


A quiet year, to be sure. Burnout and everyday responsibilities guaranteed 2016's workload was nowhere near the previous two years'.

RESOLUTIONS
How did I do on the resolutions I made at the start of 2016?

- create custom line-of-sight blocking terrain INCOMPLETE
- make a Space Marine Sternguard Veteran squad in Deathwatch theme INCOMPLETE, but...
- create video tutorials and battle reports INCOMPLETE, but...

I didn't make the Deathguard veterans squad because they released an entire line of Deathwatch marines, so I started those AND made ultramarines veterans as well! I didn't make any tutorial videos or battle reports, but we did create several unboxing videos!

RESOLUTIONS for 2017
- create custom line-of-sight blocking terrain
- complete Deathwatch: Overkill marines
- complete Start Collecting! Space Marines box set
- complete IG vehicles
- create video showcases

Wish me luck!
-trip

4 comments:

  1. hey, at least you did something! And you're painting and posting now, even if it's slowly. I had some good momentum for a while there and all the traveling killed that. Will likely be a couple of weeks before I get another post up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trip, big fan of your work, I'm attempting a similar approach to my Tyranid fleet as you did with yours (with a few tweaks) and I was curious to find out what parts (if any) of the Tyrannocyte that you would look to paint with the green theme. I'm looking at converting the two I will be fielding and would appreciate any thoughts/input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably just do a gradient fade up from the bottom, covering the tips of the tendrils and just the underside of the body.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll give that a try and post a shot of how I get on.

      Delete