Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIP: Fire Warriors Finished!


OK, so not 100% finished, but really really close.  I've been jamming on these guys for a long time, determined to make them my best painted unit yet.  Now, I've only painted 3 before so that wasn't too hard to do, but I'm really taking my time on these guys.

I tried desperately to get this squad done Monday night but She-who-must-be-obeyed got on me about being sick and needing my rest (sucks to be cared for, huh?) so I just couldn't quite finish in time for this week's post.  I'll probably do an off-schedule post this weekend with proper pics.  Or maybe just tease it out until next Wednesday.  Titanfall is out, and that XB1 ain't gonna play itself. Not going to get much done for a while.

Not too much left to do, but a final matte sealer coat and then some gloss on the lenses.  I'm sure I'll see something else I want to do in there too- that's always the danger, isn't it?  As Leonardo said, art is never finished, only abandoned.

~Deet

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see these guys in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Looks amazing! witch colours did you use and did you have a white primer? please email respons ehobro@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll skip sending my email out to people I don't know, but it's white primer and Troll Slayer Orange. If memory serves, the blue is Ashen Grey from Vallejo.

      Delete