This one took me a while. OK, they all take me a while. I tried out some new stuff on this model- most notably the chipping medium. The results aren't bad, but I definitely need to practice more with it and see if I can figure out how to get cleaner paint jobs without cracking.
One thing I tried with mixed success was getting tonal variance on the Vallejo golds by applying Reikland washes over the top. It came out great on the sword hilt, but blotchy on the hammer. The washes on the flamer for the heat distortion certainly came out better this time.
Here he is with the alternate build. The hammer and sword are magnetized (not that they need it). The psycannon and flamer are just clipped on thanks to their nice design. The strut arm that holds it in is just loose-ish at the shoulder so it can rotate out of the way enough to swap the weapons out.
Excited to call this one done (though now I see I have some lenses to go back and finish-D'oh). Up next, I'm due for a change of pace. I'll either do some Tau or possibly some Inquisition.
Always happy for comments and crits.