Wednesday, June 24, 2015

SHOWCASE: Necron Tomb Blades


More Necrons! My recently completed Tomb Blades.

I purchased these blades when the new codex arrived, in order to complete my Decurion detachment. The models are actually very complex, and painting the separate parts and assembling them took much longer than I anticipated.


I built them with shield vanes to boost the armor save, and nebuloscopes to deny cover saves. I considered tesla weapons, but wanted the auto glancing provided by gauss because of my lack of anti-armor in the force. I placed the guns on the back mounts instead of the front because I liked the way it looked.


I love that the pilots are hooked directly into the machine, and are not simply riding it.

-trip

3 comments:

  1. They look like something you'd buy at a toy store. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the look of the guns at the back, gives the, a completely different silhouette compared to the front mounting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this post is 8 years old, but I just wanted to say I loved the scheme of these tomb blades!

    ReplyDelete