Thursday, May 3, 2018

WIP: Astra Militarum Valkyrie part 3


Well, fuck.

I was making excellent progress on my valkyrie until I nearly ruined it.

As I prepared the final touches I noticed that the canopy was not mounting properly on the cockpit. I hit it with a heat gun to soften the plastic to be adjusted, but didn't consider that the very thin outer wall would heat (and sag) much faster than the seat assembly that needed to be shifted.

I looked down in horror when I realized what I'd done. What should have been the final few minutes of assembly on the model became a prelude to 10 hours or restoration work.



Fortunately, I was able to greenstuff the damage with decent results, and repainted the area. It's not perfect, but it'll do. Now that everything is complete, I just need to add weathering and finish the base.

-trip

3 comments:

  1. well that sucks! Dang man. Glad you were able to salvage it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acceptable battle damage. It gives the model character. Good save!

    ReplyDelete