Tuesday, May 1, 2018

ON THE WEB - Monkey Chuka's Tyrannocyte.


Three years later and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

I was trolling the Warhammer blogosphere looking for inspiration, and popped over to Monkey's site because I hadn't visited in quite a while. While all of his models are exceptionally painted, and many of his conversions are brilliant, his tyranids take the cake.

His color scheme is one of those things that makes you want to repaint your entire army. But while browsing his post history, I came across something I had only seen in the development stages--

A cut-away Tyrannocyte with a fucking Carnifex inside it.

I mean, just, jesus. I couldn't have conceived of something like this, let alone executed on it. But there it is. Not only did he painstakingly cut apart the tyrannocyte and add all the guts and innards your nightmares tell you are inside that thing, but he made a removable, hibernating Carnifex  that fits inside.


That borders on madness.

Still, it's madness of note, and certainly worth sharing to a wider audience. If you haven't been to his blog, its content is varied and always inspiring.

-trip

2 comments:

  1. Often check Monkeychuka’s blog out, great stuff. Yes this one was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chur bro! I was thinking of dusting this one off for an upcoming tournament but then the Big FAQ happened. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete