Tuesday, February 18, 2020

WIP: Dark Angels Primaris Army - Part 16: Primaris Apothecary complete


This is where it all began.

I blame Logan. I was content to sell off my armies and be done with the hobby in general, when that rat fink gave me my first primaris model as a christmas present in December 2018.

It sat, untouched, for months. But finally, it worked its dark majiks, and became the seed for an entire primaris force. (and 2,000 pts of Deathwing)

And honestly, I couldn't be happier.


This one was a challenge to paint. As with the other models, I made the mistake of assembling him fully, and it made painting certain areas on the model very tricky. I used the discontinued Guilliman Blue glaze on the recesses, but it was a bit punchy, so when it dried, I created a very milky white using white scar and water, and applied it over the blue, knocking it back. Still, he turned out well.

I've swapped the head with a hooded one from the Deathwing Knights kit, because, Dark Angels (TM). and I made the entire chapter pauldron green, as opposed to the white trim because I'm not partial to it.

Here's to new adventures, and armies you actually love. Cheers, Logan.

-trip

3 comments:

  1. Wow, he came out great. The hooded head was very successful selling this model and looks original with the models existing surplice. Nice result!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not gonna lie, had to google surplice. There's my new word for the month.

    ReplyDelete