Tuesday, August 18, 2020

WIP: Deathwatch Kill Team revisited


Re-basing Overkill marines and adding new models.

Taking a break from Indomitus, I pulled out my old Deathwatch Kill Team and set about re-basing the older models from the Overkill box. Always bothered me that they were not on the scenic bases I chose for my Kill Team at the launch of the new game -- mismatched bases; very bad for theming.


Assembled these originally with plastic glue, so getting them off the old bases was actually challenging, and took a lot of snipping, prying and shaving down with a hobby knife. Still, I persevered in the end, and painted up some mechanicus bases to match my existing force.


There's that splinter removed from my mind.

----------------------------------------

As you saw in last week's post about stripping models, I discovered two tactical marines still floating in a tub, so once I cleaned them up for the tutorial, I pressed them into service for the Deathwatch.


Popped the arms off with some clippers and easily kitted my final "mini marines" with unique weapons and gear. I still contend that the Deathwatch Kill Team box is the best value in 40K. It comes with a shocking amount of weapons and accessories.


My current team is missing a frag cannon, so I built one of those, along with a thunder hammer. The fun thing about Deathwatch is having a variety of weapons. Attached to mechanicus bases, these two will fit right in with the rest of the team.


-trip

2 comments:

  1. Great work! I can see the Frag Cannon making a resurgence if it goes up to range 12" like other Flamers.

    ReplyDelete