Friday, August 1, 2014

WIP: Terminator assault cannon complete


Finished the assault cannon in time for a game this weekend!

The cannon painted up quickly. Honestly, the longest part was waiting for the washes to dry.


I mounted the piece onto a cork cap so I could turn it in any direction I needed while working on it, without touching it.


I primed it with vallejo grey airbrush primer.


I brush painted vallejo gunmetal and cold grey onto the appropriate parts.


I brush painted vallejo ultramarine on the shoulder and gauntlet.


I painted the gold areas with a base of vallejo beasty brown and washed the gunmetal with GW Nuln Oil.


I painted vallejo gold onto the brown base. When it was dry, I washed it using GW Agrax Earthshade. I painted the power cable with Vallejo gory red, then highlighted it with vallejo blood red.


I applied a wash of GW Nuln Oil to the grey areas. I used GW cold grey to "chip" the blue paint, and made a highlight pass on the blue areas with ultramarine and white. I also applied 3 washes of GW Agrax Earthshade to the end of the barrel.


Once everything was dry, I applied a layer of satin varnish with the airbrush, and attached it to the model using Revell Contacta Pro plastic glue.

-trip

No comments:

Post a Comment