Tuesday, March 31, 2020

WIP: Kill Team Commander complete


Lieutenant Zachariah joins the Deathwatch to command his own Kill Team.

Kitbashed this guy a year ago, when I was playing in the local store's Kill Team league. Wanted a commander for my Deathwatch, but wasn't keen on the official model. ("at attention" poses don't really do it for me)

Immediately, my warped mind set to work exploring possibilities, and I ended up here. He sat forever in my drawer, as the league had ended and I no longer needed him - but eventually, I got around to it.


Turned out pretty well. I'm starting to lose my ability to really nail the details, and edge paneling black armor is my least favorite thing in the hobby. The scenic base brings something to it, though.

Here's how he started. Hate how minis look when you first begin-- like a blank canvas before you paint-- the effort required to make that first step can sometimes seem like an insurmountable roadblock.


-trip

2 comments:

  1. Great work! Love the fresh look on the Dark Angels lieutenant model. He makes a great Deathwatch commander.

    ReplyDelete