Tuesday, February 26, 2019

WIP: Deathwatch Watch Master Conversion


Zachariah became a Watch Master! Huh. Even I didn't see that one coming.

A friend got me to play in the local store's Kill Team campaign, and I'm actually playing Warhammer for the first time in years. (well, a Warhammer skirmish game, anyway)

As a Deathwatch player, I can bring a Watch Master, but... I'm not a fan of the model. While he's well detailed, I don't like his pose-- He's just standing there like a palace guard. Blah!

Time for a kitbash!

Had already glued his arms on, so I chopped them off carefully for use on something else. I snipped and trimmed the rock he was standing on (got this really great stepped Stormcast base). And then I attached the leftover thunder hammer arms from the Deathwatch kit.

I snipped the hammer off, and kitbashed a Custodes spear/gun thingy from the stalker bolter also in the DW kit. Luckily, I happened to have a SINGLE necron warblade left over from years ago - IT WAS MEANT TO BE! (the Emperor provides, etc. etc.)


Finished it off with a servo skull and some scrolls from the bits box, as well as a few ornaments from the Deathwatch upgrades kit. Decided he wasn't regal enough, so I added a greenstuff cape and some purity seals.

Viola! A Lieutenant has become a Watchmaster!

-trip

4 comments:

  1. very nice work on the cloak/purity seals. good posing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looks awesome and you have done a good job recreating the watch masters gun spear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookit you getting down with the greenstuff! Looks good man!

    ReplyDelete