Thursday, March 2, 2023

WIP: Salamanders Eradicators

 

Making good progress on my next squad.

Didn’t manage to get a post up last week with some work craziness, but I did manage to get a fair amount of work done on my Eradicators. They've got heads too. They're just...resting.


Everybody is based, washed, and edge highlighted. I've handled a few details but have a few more to go before I throw on the decals and call em done. I tried Trip's suggestion of using Reikland Fleshshade instead of the sepia wash over the gold. I like it better, but still feel like the GW inks kind of cloud up the Vallejo alcohol metallics. Step in the right direction though. Might have to try an oil or enamel wash on the next one. Any excuse to go to the hobby store.

I tried something different for the muzzle burn on this squad and I don't like it as much as on my Tac squad. These guys were 100% Tamiya Weathering Master. I only got 2 colors instead of the 3 from doing washes with Tamiya over them. Might have to go back to the old method. Missing that purple mid tone. 


Had fun on the bases and decided I wanted some really fresh burninating on this one. Tried to do some glowing coals. I'll keep messing with it on future bases, but I like it. About 90% where I want it. Still have to do all the pigments to make it super dusty and really get the charcoal nice and black. 

Will hopefully have these finished off this weekend, and then onto something a little different. I've got a Biker Chaplain all assembled and ready to go! Be a good break from all the green. 

~Deet

No comments:

Post a Comment