Wednesday, April 16, 2014

SHOWCASE: Grey Knights Dreadnought


Feels good to be back in the saddle on my Grey Knights.   First unit to officially get a fork in it is my ForgeWorld Dreadnought.  A long time in the making, but I'm pretty happy with it. Lots of nice big pics after the jump.

Here he is, in all his glory.  This was the first model I started on my Grey Knights force- back before this blog was even a thing.  It's taken me that long to complete something for this army, but I'm on a roll now. This model was the first thing I tried weathering on. I also learned a lot about creating depth on the base with a ton of different colored layers of drybrushing and some weathering powders.  That stuff makes great mud!


The amount of tiny detail on Grey Knights is pretty staggering compared to my Tau models, so the slower painting is somewhat understandable. I Gained some patience working on these guys and those little details have demanded a steady hand.  Grey Knights are sometimes thought of derogatorily as a "Starter Army".  I'll confess besides their looks, I chose them hoping the smaller number of models would mean faster army painting.  Now that I'm in to it, I think they make a great learning army as a painter as well, but not because they're easy.  You can do them poorly quickly, but to make them look really good takes some time!


My Terminators are almost done now.  They'll probably go up next week. I finally received my box of Inquisitorial Henchmen in the mail from GW last week- Psykers, Jokaero, assassins. I'm excited to start painting them. A troops choice where nobody looks alike?  Yes, please. But that's not all I've got waiting in the wings.  I've got Coteaz, a squad of basic Grey Knights, a Land Raider, and some Knarloc Riders are all begging to get done.  I'm excited for a new project.  Any votes?  What would you like to see next?

~Deet

1 comment: