Monday, October 21, 2013

SHOWCASE: Tau Stealth Warriors


Here are the completed Stealth Warriors detailed in September's WIP post. I really enjoyed putting these models together. There's a surprising amount of detail in these miniatures that you normally don't see because they are often painted dark colors in the official photos.

I have to admit, that I wasn't originally a fan of the Stealth Suit design. I thought the head piece looked a little goofy, and the models felt top heavy, but having assembled these, they really grew on me. I painted all 6 in the battleforces (only 5 shown in the photo above) and decided to leave the shoulder pads off. This is starting to be a bit of a theme in my army. Generally, I don't like the way they look on the models. I might add the left pad to the squad leader to keep things consistent.


I really like the way the color scheme I chose is playing out over the army, and this unit specifically. There are a ton of great details in these models that you never see because they're always painted such dark colors in the official GW images. Masking the areas of the model off was a bit of a pain, but I think it paid off.


I really like the underslung weapons. Assembling them, and masking the different parts was pretty straight foward. I'd never noticed that the backpacks include two jet exhausts - another bonus of painting in a lighter color scheme.


I gave the Squad Leader a fusion blaster and inverted paint markings to set him apart from the rest of the squad. I always have fun masking the model and airbrushing scorch marks on the plasma and fusion weapons. You'll notice I drilled out the barrels in the fusion blaster, but not on the burst cannons - I'm a little compulsive, but NOT crazy.

Have you completed a Stealth Squad? Working on a Tau army? Share in the comments below.

-trip

1 comment:

  1. yep i also got 6 stealth suits!
    they will be shown on my blog soon as i am gonna repaint the tau i already painted for a different scheme.

    the army will be for sale afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete