Monday, April 20, 2015

WIP: Star Wars X-Wing


Look what I picked up while I was in Tokyo!

Forgot I bought this kit until I unpacked it from a box last night! Ban Dai currently has an entire line available in Japan that includes ships, dioramas and even large format figure models.


If you want any more proof that GW is price gouging on their stuff, look no further. This kit was priced at 1,980 yen - at the current exchange rate, that makes this model around $16. (and that's including the INSANE 20% royalty rate for SW merchandise!) Compare that to the GW Razorwing Jetfighter at about the same size, for $45, and you can see what I'm talking about.



The sprues are well packed, the sculpt is detailed, and there is a sculptural base with a gimble point included. It also contains full color instructions, a decal sheet and one of the sprues is co-molded in three colors!

I'm excited to build this kit. Despite being a fan since childhood, I've never actually put a Star Wars model together.

Here goes nothing!

-trip

2 comments:

  1. Dang! 3 color co-molding? That's also a hell of a lot more sophisticated than what GW can do

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also make a tie fighter and tie advanced...I have all three in my cart right now waiting for my amazon points to show up :)

    ReplyDelete