Tuesday, April 30, 2019

WIP: Dark Angels Primaris Army - Part 5: Interrogator Chaplain


How to turn a $35 model into a $70 model because you are an obsessive twat.

The primaris chaplain is a great model. Amazing detail, dynamic pose. BUT, can we make him even cooler with some Dark Angels bits?

I bought the Interrogator Chaplain at my local store with the full intention of parting him out to convert the primaris chaplain. I'd seen several conversions online that inspired me, and wanted the model to be unique to my army.


I prepared the interrogator's right and left arms, as well as the power pack. I then built the primaris model EXCEPT for the arms and pack. After some quick snips on the existing mono-pose guideposts, the interrogators arms fit perfectly. I used a leftover shoulder pauldron on the right arm because the interrogator's and the primaris' were both molded onto the arms.


I attached the backpack by cutting the square guidepost from the primaris' back and gluing it in place.

Our Power level:
Captain in Gravis armor: 7
Apothecary: 4
Interrogator Chaplain: 6
Ancient: 4
Lieutenants: 10
Intercessor Squad 1: 5
Intercessor Squad 2: 5
Hellblasters Squad: 8
Inceptors: 10
Deathwing Squad 1: 13
Deathwing Squad 2: 13
Deathwing Knights: 12
--------------------------------------
Total: 97

Our expense so far:
Dark Imperium Primaris Marines: $78
Shattered Dominion Bases: $12 (sold unused 60mm bases for $20)
Deathwing Box: $51
Dark Vengeance Deathwing: $18
Used Terminators: $7
Oyamaru: $8
Greenstuff: $8
Apothecary: Gifted
Interrogator Chaplain $35
Primaris Chaplain $30
--------------------------------------
Current Tally: $248

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant and much better Crozius than the tiny rod he comes with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Siph. Great conversion and much more imposing now.

    ReplyDelete