Monday, May 16, 2022

WIP: Blood Angels Army - Part 3: Bladeguard Ancient


Suitably gothic.
Got the itch to paint after a long break from the hobby, so I continued with my Indomitus Bladeguard.
Finished this model in a few nights, and am quite pleased with how it turned out.

Borrowed some bits from the Dark Angels upgrade sprues, and brought the banner/reliquary to another level. Decided early on to move away from the usual gold and silver metallics for the body of the banner, and instead, tried a marble to match the bases.


Shaded it with Drakenhoff Nightshade (do they even make that one anymore) and then did my faux marble trick to it. Turned out OK on the front, but I think I really nailed the look on the back.


You might also notice I took the relic from his hand, and hung it from his power pack instead, replacing it with a heavy bolt pistol. I like to do this sort of thing to keep my models from looking like everyone else's. Although the primaris kits are leagues above the old kits in style and finish, they lack any customization options, so I make little changes like this to make them unique.

I've only the captain to finish, and the Indomitus Bladeguard will be complete.

-trip

1 comment: