Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WIP: Super Dungeon Explore

And now, for something completely different.

Purchased these last July, and have finally gotten around to assembling and priming them. There are over 60 models in the box!

The minis are a kind of rubbery resin, so cleaning the flash and seam lines was a real pain in the arse. It took a lot longer than forgeworld or finecast resin to prep.

Because they are resin, I had to prime them with an aerosol spray. I used the painting stick technique I saw on a blog years ago, and it made batch priming a snap.

I'll start painting the minions first, so that I can develop an anime style that I'm comfortable with before painting the hero figures. I'm so used to the grimdark of 40K that I'm sure it will take me a while to shift gears.



  1. Your style is pretty clean. Maybe a little easier on the washes and drop the chipping and I think you're there. This will be a fun one!

    BTW, if you want to try the Army Painter dips for the washing, I've got an unopened jug.

  2. Should be interesting to watch, always curious about this game set. Look forward to your work :)