Friday, October 11, 2013

SHOWCASE: Tyranid Swarmlord


The Hive Tyrant / Swarmlord kit was the one of the first monstrous creatures I assembled when I got into the hobby in 2012. It's a fantastic kit with tons of options. More photos after the break.


I received the kit as a birthday gift from some great friends, and when I set about building it, I magnetized the torso, so that I could convert the model between the two basic builds; Hive Tyrant and Swarmlord. As I was a bit inexperience when I built the model, there are some technical issues with joints and seams, but overall, I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

I'm most proud of the blend from purple to grey on the back side of the bone sabres - it was done entirely by hand, and took me several hours to complete all 4 blades. To think that I could do that now with an airbrush in about 4 minutes...




Have you assembled the Tyrant kit? Created a custom variant? Comment below!

-trip

No comments:

Post a Comment