Friday, June 13, 2014

WIP: Biovore conversions complete

Always great to finish a long term project. Pics after the break.
I started this conversion back in April. I wanted biovores, but didn't want to pay $50 a piece, so using a post on the Tyranid Hive as inspiration, I created these biovores from the Hive Guard kit.

The greenstuff sculpting isn't perfect, but I'm pleased with the way they turned out, and can't wait to field them in my first 7th edition game this weekend with Deet.



  1. Great work. They're so much cheaper than failcast and look better than the official sculpts. I hope you didn't make the same mistake I did, i.e. 2 days before a tournament I realised that I didn't have any Spore Mines to go with them!

    1. have the 8 mines that came with the original 4th edition starter set!

  2. This look absolutely fantastic. The detail work on the carapace and skin came out really nice. Scale is also quite good. These look proper threatening!