Friday, February 21, 2014

SHOWCASE: Tyrant Guard


A showcase of the Tyrant Guard completed for the Tyranid Tutorial.

Apologies for the late post. Quite honestly forgot what day it was! Here's a small gallery of the tyrant guard I completed for my H.O.W. TO on painting tyranids. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, and the GW kits just keep getting better and better.



The kit allows several options for heads, hands and carapaces, including the dismembered marine shown above. While I think the weapons both look a little stubby, they still allow for great poses.



As noted in the tutorial, I didn't like the oversized shoulder armor, and it looked even more ridiculous from the back, as it did not connect to the main carapace in any way. So, instead, I used some extended carapace bits from the termigant sprues. It's much more understated, but still makes the creature seem well armored.

Here's a cinematic shot of the tyrant guard doing exactly what they're meant to do, and routing a small squad of terrified Tau Fire Warriors.


-trip

No comments:

Post a Comment